Process flow for developing CC-Link IE TSN compatible products
Development procedure for CC-Link IE TSN compatible products.
Steps when considering development
* Some of the items to be considered during development are different for recommended wiring components, such as switches, cables, and connectors.
* "SDK" is an abbreviation for Software Development Kit.
1. Select the station type
A station that manages a network. A station that contains control information (parameters) and controls slave stations and other master stations through cyclic transmission and transient transmission.
A station capable of n:n cyclic transmission with the master station and other local stations, 1:n cyclic transmission with other stations, and transient transmission with other stations. It has a server function and client function for transient transmission.
A station capable of 1:n cyclic transmission, and transient transmission with other stations.It has a server function and client function for transient transmission.
2. Select the certification class
- CC-Link IE TSN network has different certification classes depending on the functions and performance of the device (node) and switch.
- Certification classes include A and B, with B offering more capabilities.
- Switches that satisfy the certification conditions for class A or class B as shown in the table below can be used in a CC-Link IE TSN network. Repeater hubs cannot be used.
- If a device and switch of the same class are used, there will be no difference in functionality or performance between the device and the switch.
3. Select the development method
Extensive lineup of supported products
Various types of product development are supported, from high-performance devices implemented on dedicated ASIC/FPGA to low-cost devices implemented on general-purpose Ethernet chips using software protocol stacks.
Development using methods provided by CLPA partners
Hardware : Achieved with communication LSI / PC board / Built-in module
Software : Achieved with SDK
|1||Dedicated Communication LSI||Hardware||Based on the interface specifications of the released communication LSI, users can mount it on the board to support CC-Link IE TSN.|
|2||Embedded Module||Hardware||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by connecting the user board and embedded interface board with a general-purpose bus (16 bit parallel bus etc.).|
|3||PC board||Hardware||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by connecting to the PCI or PCI Express interface.|
|4||SDK||Software||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by implementing the released software into devices supported general-purpose Ethernet communication.|
4. Select the development location
CC-Link IE TSN development support tool manufacturers
List of partners that offer CC-Link IE TSN development support tools
|Station type||Class A or B|
Dedicated Communication LSI
|Master / Local station||B||Coming soon|
|Master station||A / B||Coming soon|
|Master station||A / B||●|
For details, contact the CC-Link Partner Association.
* Support is also planned for Safety.
The partners that are considering development are as follows.
- CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA)