Process flow for developing CC-Link IE TSN compatible products
Development procedure for CC-Link IE TSN compatible products.
Steps when considering development
- * Some of the items to be considered during development are different for recommended wiring components, such as switches, cables, and connectors.
- * "SDK" is an abbreviation for Software Development Kit.
1. Select the station type
A station that manages a network. A station that contains control information (parameters) and controls slave stations and other master stations through cyclic transmission and transient transmission.
* Slave stations : A general term other than master stations such as local stations and remote stations.
A station capable of n:n cyclic transmission with the master station and other local stations, 1:n cyclic transmission with other stations, and transient transmission with other stations. It has a server function and client function for transient transmission.
A station capable of 1:n cyclic transmission, and transient transmission with other stations.It has a server function and client function for transient transmission.
2. Select the certification class
- CC-Link IE TSN network has different certification classes depending on the functions and performance of the device (node) and switch.
- Certification classes include A and B, with B offering more capabilities.
- It is generally recommended to develop certification class B products that have a wide variety of applications. Develop certification class A products only when modifying the software of existing (non-TSN compatible) products.
- *1 port : Reception, More than 2 port : Reception and relay
- *2 Communication speed does not matter as long as it is 100 Mbps or more
- *3 Implementation is required for local stations
- *4 In the case of a system that guarantees time synchronization accuracy of 1 μs, it consists of only products of certification class B.
In this case, products of certification class A (including switches) shall not be placed between products of certification class B.
- * Supports either 1000BASE or 100BASE, or both
3. Select the development method
Extensive lineup of supported products
Various types of product development are supported, from high-performance devices implemented on dedicated ASIC/FPGA to low-cost devices implemented on general-purpose Ethernet chips using software protocol stacks.
Development using methods provided by CLPA partners
Hardware : Achieved with communication LSI / PC board / Built-in module
Software : Achieved with SDK
|1||Dedicated Communication LSI||Hardware||Based on the interface specifications of the released communication LSI, users can mount it on the board to support CC-Link IE TSN.|
|2||Embedded Module||Hardware||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by connecting the user board and embedded interface board with a general-purpose bus (16 bit parallel bus etc.).|
|3||PC board||Hardware||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by connecting to the PCI or PCI Express interface.|
|4||SDK||Software||Compatible with CC-Link IE TSN by implementing the released software into devices supported general-purpose Ethernet communication.|
4. Select the development location
CC-Link IE TSN development support tool manufacturers
List of partners that offer CC-Link IE TSN development support tools
|Station type||Class A or B|
|Master / Local station||B||●|
|Master station||A / B||Coming soon|
|Remote station||A||Coming soon|
|Remote station||A / B||Coming soon|
Embedded module or PC board are under consideration by partners.
For details, contact the CC-Link Partner Association.
The partners that are considering development are as follows.
- CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA)